Are you an experienced Senior Systems Engineer looking for your next career move? Come and talk to Optima!
We’re expanding our team and on a lookout for a new Senior Systems Engineering Consultant with experience in working across a range of activities at various stages of the systems engineering lifecycle. It’s a great opportunity to thrive on doing something different every day and be comfortable with ambiguity.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Research and concept development of systems solutions.
- Development and management of system requirements.
- Development of abstract architectures to describe systems.
- Design process engineering for hardware, software and mixed technology systems.
- Systems safety engineering, including the analysis of the systems safety requirements.
- Systems integration, including structuring and partitioning of complex systems.
- Systems performance evaluation and its application to verification and validation.
- System Integrity analysis including resilience and impact assessment.
- Through life environmental impact evaluation of complex systems.
- Systems qualification and acceptance.
Your essential skills and qualifications:
- A leading practitioner of Systems Engineering activities across several areas of activity, experienced in more than one phase of lifecycle.
- A background in systems or similar engineering discipline within a complex engineering environment.
- A minimum of a technical Degree, equivalent qualification or experience.
- Comfortable with resolving ambiguity in task, system and requirements definition.
- Communicating effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Delivery focussed with determination to make a positive difference.
- Proactively and pragmatically leads adaption of approach to circumstances.
Beyond that, you may have desirable experience in:
- working closely with demanding clients;
- a relevant technology discipline, process or tool;
- experience in using requirements managanent tools (e.g. DOORS) or architecture approaches/ tools (e.g. MODAF,
NAF, Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect);
- CEng, CSEP, MSP, Prince2, APMP, ADKAR, Agile, relevant post-graduate qualifications.
To impress us, you can:
- get on well with people but be able to work on your own;
- understand complex concepts and communicate them in simple ways;
- be highly motivated with a good sense of humour and strong work ethic;
- understand the needs of a business and the individual as much as the system.
WHY JOIN US?
Come and work for a unique, independent and fast-growing Systems Engineering Consultancy providing the best in Systems Engineering, Training and Systems Thinking to government and industry. Based in Thornbury, North Bristol, we work across a broad range of complex systems in a range of defence and civil sectors – providing expertise across all kind of sensors, effectors, handling, information, communication and combat systems, military platforms, and more. Example projects include:
- Helping the Navy in managing the future of its personnel and improving the performance of its submarines.
- Working with the Army in developing its future vehicle capability.
- Supporting Defence in developing the next generation of weapons systems.
- Supporting the development of nuclear fusion capabilities for UK and internationally.
- Training Systems Engineering to engineers across the globe in semiconductors, software, rail, nuclear, civil and military systems.
- Competitive salary, Pension and Bonus scheme
- Life Insurance
- Flexible working patterns by negotiation
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programme)
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- Lifestyle Vouchers and Savings
- Health & Wellbeing benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
EQUALITY, INCLUSION & DIVERSITY
Optima values diversity; it brings a new perspective and understanding to our working environment. We are committed to accelerate equality and creating an inclusive work environment where each of our people feels like they belong.
We support our team in developing individual personal development plans to meet their aspirations for career development and to grow the capability of the whole team. These plans drive internal and external training and help us identify the right project opportunities that will offer our team the development experience to progress their careers.
Our offices are in Thornbury but you may be asked to support work across the country and in some cases across the world, whilst remote working is often possible.
You will be required to undergo security vetting procedures and employment is subject to relevant clearance being granted.